Marathon of Sport

Marathon of Sport wants to raise $115,000 in Kelowna and $1,700,000 at events across Canada in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation. We need your help!

SWEET SASSY has raised $7,000

2 supporters Team Goal:: $5,000

Donate Now

Sweet Sassy is a group of ten young professionals in Kelowna, B.C. that are raising money for the motionball Marathon of Sport taking place on September 22, 2018. Sweet Sassy began as a recreational multi-sport team with an emphasis on bringing a fun energy to the field and not taking ourselves too seriously. 2018 marks the third year Sweet Sassy will be participating in motionball. We love that motionball celebrates being inclusive, being a good sport, and that the true winners in sports don't always have the most points at the end of the game. motionball is a not-for-profit organization that builds awareness and raises funds for the Special Olympics Canada Foundation (SOCF), targeting a “next generation” of supporters – Canada’s professional crowd who are not defined by their age but rather their mind-set. In 2017 motionball Marathon of Sport Kelowna saw 28 Teams of young professionals raising a record-breaking $108,000 net in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation! What is motionball? We get to experience a fun day of athletic competition and are teamed up alongside a local Special Olympics athlete and compete in a variety of sports & activities including basketball, bocce, football, human foosball, road hockey, soccer, ultimate and beach volleyball! motionball is proud to donate 70% of the funds raised from this event to Special Olympics British Columbia. This funding is directed to support programs for local athletes in the community. The remaining 30% is directed to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation, whose mission is to ensure the long term financial integrity of the Special Olympics movement in Canada and to fund long term athlete and volunteer growth. You can make a difference in a local Special Olympian's life by helping us reach our goal of $4,000.

motionball for Special Olympics is introducing the next generation of supporters, donors and volunteers to the Special Olympics movement through integrated sporting and social events across Canada.

How Can Your Dollars Help?

motionball for Special Olympics is a registered not-for-profit corporation, raising money for Special Olympics programs across Canada. 70% of the funds we raise are distributed to programs in the province where they are raised, with the remainder going to the long-term funding of programs through the Special Olympics Canada Foundation.