Marathon of Sport

Marathon of Sport wants to raise $200,000 in Winnipeg and $1,700,000 at events across Canada in support of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation. We need your help!

ALEXANDER has raised
$200

6 supporters Team Goal:: $1,000 | My Goal:: $500

Donate Now

Hey everyone, on September 15th I will be competing in a variety of sports alongside local Special Olympics athletes to raise awareness and support for the Special Olympic Foundation. Some of you may know this will be my 4th year participating and fundraising for Motionball to support of this great cause, we started with one team back in 2016 and now we are up to at least 4 teams through the UWinnipeg JDC West team. 75% of funds raised go directly towards helping the Manitoba athletes and the remainder 25% goes towards helping the Canadian athletes.
If you have clicked the link to donate, I greatly appreciate your support.
Thank you.



"Taylor inspires us every day with the way he faces the world - fearless and with a big smile. He has had a number of obstacles to overcome in his life. motionball has had a direct impact on Taylor by giving him the chance to interact with young professionals and positive role models who look more at what he can do - not what he can't. This has made him more confident. Last year, Taylor brought home 2 bronze medals from the National Summer Games in Nova Scotia and interviewed the legendary Don Cherry on his very own radio show."  - Steve Redmond, parent and Special Olympics coach

Marathon of Sport Winnipeg is part of a larger national movement called motionball for Special Olympics, a non-profit organization that empowers young Canadians to be leaders in their communities, raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics so that individuals with intellectual disabilities can lead happier, healthier lives. Special Olympics provides opportunities for over 47,000 Canadians with intellectual disabilities to experience the transformative power of sport. Today, motionball proudly hosts over 40 events across Canada and has delivered over $10.8 million to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation!

By making a donation to motionball, you'll be supporting athletes like Taylor and together we can level the playing field for thousands of Canadians with intellectual disabilities.

Thank you very much for your support,  Alexander

For more information on motionball please visit motionball.com

motionball for Special Olympics is introducing the next generation of supporters, donors and volunteers to the Special Olympics movement through integrated sporting and social events across Canada.

How Can Your Dollars Help?

motionball for Special Olympics is a registered not-for-profit corporation, raising money for Special Olympics programs across Canada. 70% of the funds we raise are distributed to programs in the province where they are raised, with the remainder going to the long-term funding of programs through the Special Olympics Canada Foundation.